Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Leigh vs. bath toys!



I have come to terms with the fact that I really am at war with my home. I want to be at peace with it, I really do. Yet, small battles lay before me everyday. This week...bath toys. I have never in my life seen so many bath toys fit in such a small tub with such a small child. They seem to multiply each night as Griffin insists that Shrek simply has to take a bath with him. Along with his entire shark adventure play set and let's not forget scuba Steve. I can't say no, after all, bath time was one my favorite parts of childhood. The more toys the better right?

Well, it's time for mommy to sort through the toys, invest in a good bath toy container, and reclaim my bathroom floor. My bathroom has looked like this for a week and a half and every time I go in there to powder my nose, I noticed that the pile has grown. For now, the bath toys are winning. I will win this battle and defeat the mess that lays before me. In the bathroom at least.


BTW...the laundry pile is winning to. Except now it is contained to laundry baskets that have folded clean clothes that never get put away. At least the dirty clothes are no longer contaminating the clean clothes.

The battle rages on!

1 comment:

Mary Jessica said...

I totally feel like I am at war with my home, too. Please note that I am on the internet instead of cleaning. (OK, to be fair, I'm about to work on some articles while T naps...)