Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Places We Love : Treehouse kid and craft

I cannot stop gushing about my new favorite store.
I went into Treehouse to interview the owner, Kristin,
for a story and fell in love with the place.

Photobucket

The store is bright and cheerful
and oh so very kid friendly.
It's jammed pack with awesome toys
some of which are made by local artists.

Photobucket

The children's book section is to die for.
I could spend all day looking at dreamy little books.

Photobucket

I couldn't resist buying the boys
this awesome cardboard rocket
that they can decorate.
I have it stashed in the closet
and I'm waiting to bring it out on a hot summer day
when we are antsy and bored.
I think that day is coming sooner than I think.

Photobucket

Okay, here's the best part...
they have a super sweet DIY area
where the kids can be creative.
They offer drop in craft times
as well as summer camps.

Griffin is going to Superhero Camp in July
and we are just beside ourselves with excitement.
They still have spots left
so if I know your kid and your kid likes Griffin
and superheros and being creative,
then please sign them up today!

Photobucket

A few weekends ago,
they invited EarlyGirl Photography
to host a photography session
called "Littles and Lovies".

I took the boys over with their
special stuffed animals
(you have no idea how much they love these lovies)
and took some pictures to give
to Roger for Father's Day.

Aren't they the cutest little boos ever?

I'm done gushing for now...
go to Treehouse and have some fun!
Maybe I'll see you there.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

That picture of your boys is one of the cutest things I've seen!

What a great looking store. You are inspiring me to explore local stores where I live.

Elle The Heiress said...

So cute! I wish we had a store like that here!

kbach said...

thanks leigh! we are so lucky to have the best customers!

Susan Anderson said...

What a fun place for kids! And moms, too...

=)

Caroline said...

Complete awesomeness. When we do finally make a trip back down South (and then I call you for a play date) this is definitely on my list of "Places to Go!"

:)

Anne-Marie said...

Looks like a great store with lots of imaginative toys! And wow, your son is going to superhero camp?! That sounds like the best camp ever!