Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles : Imaginary Play

I'm realizing that my days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.
One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

<span class=

Koen has started grabbing household items
and using them in an imaginative way.

Photobucket

For example, he recently discovered
an old cell phone charger
that we no longer use.

It's been transformed into his phone.

Here is a typical "conversation"
with his imaginary friend...
"Hello?"
"Oh, you go to school?"
"No, I stay home with mama, we work."
"Yeah, I'll go to school in August."

Sounds like somebody
is gearing up to go to school soon.

(sidenote: that is a cake batter moustache not a facial injury)

Photobucket

It also serves as a great "charger"
to hook up to any broken down
overturned
remote control trucks.

Photobucket

Perhaps my favorite example
of my toddler's ingenuity
is the "hose" that he created for his firetruck.

Photobucket

A pop gun with a tape measure shoved inside
makes for an amazing display
of water spraying from his pumper truck.

His little voice makes a big siren
and he'll yell
"Calling all cars, calling all cars,
there's a fire in mama's living room."

It's just about the cutest thing ever!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

I LOVE it! Foster ing ingenuity in this next generation of ours! No doubt yours will be at the top of the pack with the way you nurture everyone.

I can't believe how FAST Koen has grown. Where on earth does the time go? He is adorable.

Linda D. said...

That is one of the cutest things I've seen!

eBeccaATX said...

Awesome job, Leigh! I love ur blog! It is so amazing to see u chronicle those special, precious moments that u & Koen spend together. Keep up the great work both of u! U both are inspirations to me! Love -- Becca :)

Susan Anderson said...

My youngest son had a particularly active imagination and participated in lots of pretend play. I always wondered it he developed part of it because he is the only one I didn't send to preschool two mornings a week. He had plenty of extra time to entertain himself.

=)

Unknown said...

He is so adorable and I love his imagination. I wish they could stay that way all of their lives..

Linda D. said...

Dont' you just wish that all preschools and kindergartens and elementary schools (on up) fostered the creativity and imagination the kiddos discover so early in their lives?