Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mama Got a New Couch!

Roger and I were doing a little spring cleaning over the weekend.
We came to the conclusion that our couch was on it's last leg.

It was covered in 7 years worth of "kid mess" and looked
like it belonged in the dump.
So, on a whim, we took it to live in a new home...
the dump.

We didn't think it through,
we just tossed it.

Then, we were couch-less.

DSC_0276-2

We pulled out all the chairs we had in the house.
It looked like the 4 bears lived in our home.

Then, we set out on a quest for a new couch.
Luckily, we found a great sale
and with a little help from my mama
(because your kids are never too old to need help from mama)
we found a glorious new couch.

DSC_0300

It was delivered yesterday and Koen
was so excited to see a big delivery truck in our driveway.
He thinks that delivery guys are the coolest thing in the world.

It was quite an event.

DSC_0304-2

The guys were really sweet to Koen,
talking to him about their job
and even letting him help carry stuff in.

DSC_0275_1

Our new couch is fanc-y!
It's really making our place look classy!
Mama is happy!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

OH that is gorgeous. I love thoe couches but I can't sit on them without shocking the pee water out of myself and everyone around me.. I hate static electricity.

UBERMOUTH said...

That's a beautiful; couch for a beautiful house. can you look out at your view from the window though?

I meant to have replied to your lovely letter but accidentally deleted it and no longer have your addy,Leigh.

Secret Mom Thoughts said...

Beautiful couch. Enjoy it.

EMily said...

Nice!

Susan Anderson said...

Nice couch! Love the size and shape of it.

=)

Katherine said...

Love it! I keep wanting a new couch, and then remembering that ours in only 5 years old. I think it can handle a few more years of abuse.

Linda D. said...

Wow, that's one pretty couch, although I do think those 4 bears chairs were pretty cute!