Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles : Being a Soccer Mom

My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.
One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

Being a soccer mom.

Untitled

I love when it's soccer season.
Standing on the sidelines and cheering on
my amazing soccer player is so much fun.

I love that our entire family
goes to every practice and game.
I love that feeling of togetherness
that's felt on the field.

I love watching Griffin be a part of a team
and the sound of all the high fives
slapping in celebration.

I even love the sound of hands
patting backs in encouragement
when there isn't a win.

Untitled

I love knowing that we will
look back at the time spent
at soccer games
as some of the best times.

I love providing Griffin
an outlet for his talents
and watching him succeed.

I just totally and completely love
being a soccer mom.

4 comments:

Linda D. said...

Wow, how can you make even a soccer ball on a field look so romantic and fantastic? Enjoy your soccer mom years. I look back fondly on being a 'dance' mom, baseball mom, tennis mom, swimming/diving mom, cub scouts mom, etc., etc. Happy memories indeed!

Susan Anderson said...

I wish I could say the memories of soccer days were happy ones for me, but I must admit that I did not particularly love being a soccer mom.

Having said that, I'm sure glad you do! And I bet that makes things a lot more fun for your kids!!

=)

Andrea said...

I loved it too! Those cleats need some mud though! ;)

w said...

i had hopes of being a soccer mom. but it would seem that my girls are interested in anything other than... alas.