Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles : Space Farm

My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.
One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

Playing space farm with Koen.


Lately, Koen has been obsessed with playing space farm with me.

The toys have remained sprawled out on the floor
of the living room because Koen insists
that he is just not done playing with them yet.

It's a mish mash of his itty bitty toys
combined with a space station that was
rescued from a dirt pile in our backyard.


He'll scout me out in the house and say
"Mama, do you want to play space farm with me?"

Who could say no?

 It unfolds the same way every single time.
The story begins with Farmer Astro
tending to the animals in the space pasture.


Next, we make sure that all the animals are
in their positions in the space station.


Everyone has a job to do on this space farm,
Farmer Astro runs a tight ship!


All is well until a snake alien destroys the farm.
Havoc falls on the land
with animals running for their lives!


Until Farmer Astro hops in his hovercraft
and saves the day!

I treasure these days with my litte guy.
Where he finds me, takes my hand,
and leads me to play in a world
that is far far away!


2 comments:

Linda D. said...

What a terrific imaginative mash up of creative play, sci fi motif, and narrative! Don't be surprised if your little guy grows up to write the next great American novel/screenplay/blockbuster. More importantly he's having fun now and you're building memories.

Susan Anderson said...

Looks like a fun game to me. The ones they make up themselves are always the best kind!

=)