Tuesday, January 15, 2013

52 Weeks of Happiness :: Week 45

DSC_0219 

I had a night out with the the girls and we
went to a Friday Night Masterpiece class.

Basically, it's a painting class that requires little to no talent
because an instructor walks you through the painting step by step.

Sounded good to me.

  DSC_0214-1 

The best part is that you
can drink cheap wine out of a Styrofoam cup while
you create art.

I instantly become a better artist
after a few sips of wine.

DSC_0220

I was a little worried at first 
because my painting pretty much looked like poo
from the get go.

But I persevered and decided to just go with it.

DSC_0221-1 

It was pretty funny to see how we all responded to the instructions.
It was like a little glimpse of what we must've been like in high school

Some took it really seriously and listened intensely,
making sure to follow every step perfectly.

Then there were those like me
that  spent the whole time
alternating between self deprecation and smart ass comments.


In the end, my "masterpiece"
looked like a blind and drunk mouse with
no fingers painted it.

That's okay though,
I still had fun unleashing my inner artist 
with my awesome friends.

I'll do just about anything to get out of doing bedtime with the kids.

Photobucket





7 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Those are so much fun!

Angelwithatwist said...

Hey you did way better than anything I could have come up with. That looks like such fun, I wish they had stuff like that around my neck of the woods.

Gina Kleinworth said...

It's beautiful!! Oh this really makes me miss the art classes I took in college. How fun for you!!

Unknown said...

You crack me up, it's the creative outlet and fun that counts most!

SarahMarie said...

How fun! I wish they had something like that where I lived.

Katherine said...

That class sounds like so much fun!

Susan Anderson said...

Your art abilities far outweigh mine.

;)