Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The Stay at Home Mom Chronicles :: Happy Messes

My days around here seem to run together.
Ordinary moments unfold around me daily
and I need to stop and relish in them.

One day, my boys will be out living life
and I will miss these everyday experiences.

So, I am taking the time to document
the simple moments that pass between us.
I'm calling this little collection of memories...

Photobucket

Happy Messes Left Behind

Untitled-27

In the morning, before the boys go to school,
there is a whirlwind of play that overtakes my house.

Toys are pulled off of shelves between bites of breakfast.

 DSC00479

Games left unfinished from the night before get destroyed as I 
wrestle with them to get their clothes on.

Untitled-28

There's often no time to straighten up
as we throw on our shoes and run out the door.

"Don't clean this up, mama." 
I hear that often.

Cities are left in peril and somehow I don't mind
stepping over the toys while they are at school
so they can rescue the town when they get home.

 Untitled-29

I return to our house after dropping the kids off
and marvel at the happy mess they left behind.

I must leave their pretend weapons where they are
because it's important that they slay
the dragon with their sword and pinwheel
before Griffin starts his homework.

I might not have the tidiest house
but I just love following their morning trail
of creative play.

2 comments:

Linda D. said...

Ahhhh... I love that happy mess that leaves a trail of play, problem solving, role playing, game playing, and mostly love! What happy memories you are making for your boys!

Unknown said...

I have the same happy messes in my home. I try and find the balance between working around glorious displays of toys and dress up, art and make believe,and my love for a tidy picked up home. I even told me housekeeping service to work around the dollhouse. That's big for me :D