Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Happiness Project :: Week 37



So I know that it seems like Halloween
happened one-hundred-years ago
but it makes me happy
so I'm talking about it now.

The boys dressed up for a 
little parade at their school.
Griffin was a viscous dragon
and Koen was a sneaky ninja.


When it was time to get dressed up
for trick or treating,
Koen suddenly abandoned his ninja costume 
and found a Spiderman costume in our dress up box
that was a size too small and had a hole in the back.
I couldn't convince him otherwise.

I was a Whoopie Cushion.
My mom bought the costume
at the flea market for $2.00.

I had a little bit too much fun
making toot noises with my mouth
when people hugged me.

This was the first year that Griffin
wanted to be something scary.
He was a toxic wasteland insane person.


We met up with friends for trick or treating.
Roger put the fear of God in the boys
and told them that they couldn't run ahead
in the dark streets like they always try to.

If they did, they would have to hold our hand
and if they cried then they had to go home.

It worked. I've never seen Griffin walk so fast.
So there ya have it,
our Halloween 2013.

   



3 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

Looks like everyone had a fun time! :)

Anonymous said...

My country is still hasn't fully embraced Halloween yet, so we weren't able to give kids their treats and we didn't dress up as well. Maybe next year. :)

Katherine said...

My boys wanted to be scary things this year, too. Why can't they just continue to want to be cute things and let me dress them in bee suits for the rest of their lives?