Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The Happiness Project :: Week 51


 Not to get all Church Lady on y'all but
I'm really enjoying a Bible study 
that I'm attending about the Patriarchs.

I made a deal with myself
that the first thing I would do when 
I woke up was my devotion for the day.

At first it was kind of annoying.
I mean, Facebook was calling to me
My e-mail needed answering.
I wanted to read blogs.

But I stuck with it
and now I really treasure the time I spend
studying the Word.

I love that my children see me
sitting at the table with my Bible cracked open.
It feels so good to start the day
out in prayer.

I'm finding myself feeling
more peaceful 
in the chaotic moments 
of the day 
because of my morning meditation.


 

Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness for a whole year?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.
Then, steal my button and include it in your post.
Don't forget to link up to Mr. Linky.
<

2 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

I'm not taking one this time around...and I miss it. :(

P.S. Y'all stay safe today and tomorrow! (Just rain in Marietta so far.)

Tarja / Tarjas Snowland said...

The blue moment outside our log home in the middle of the forest makes me happy :). Greetings from Finland!