Tuesday, December 2, 2014

The Happiness Project :: Decking the halls



Last night we pulled all the Christmas decorations
out from the attic, put on a little holiday music, and 
decked the halls over at our house. 


It's always so exciting 
and fun to help daddy put the tree up.


The boys nearly came to fistycuffs 
about who would put the first ornament on the tree.
So, I counted to 3 and they simultaneously
hung their ornaments.

Will we ever be out of this competitive phase?

In the end,
we had a great time 
dancing around to the music 
and remembering each ornament. 
Koen kept insisting that
he made ornaments that
obviously came from a store.
That's another phase were going through,
telling tall tales.
Which is super cute
but not a good habit to get in.
I love having a 5-year-old 
in the family.


I adore our Christmas tree
and the memories we made 
putting it up together.





Want to join me in my quest
to scout out happiness in our lives?
Simply post a photo of something that
makes you wildly happy and tell us all about it.






3 comments:

4 Lettre Words said...

I have 5 big trees (tho, I'm adding another next year!), plus several smaller ones, and the boys are sooooo gung-ho about it when the totes come up...and that lasts about 5 minutes. ;) Obviously, doesn't stop me from adding more trees, tho! Ha!

Linda D. said...

Love those sweet photos of the boys with the decor. You're building a life time of memories for them! Good job, mom!

Maria's Space said...

Lovely! How nice is that tree!? Decorating with kids is an experience.